UAE is one of the many fishing spots in the world that is renowned for deep sea fishing. It is engulfed by the ocean on all the three sides making it a very viable place for fishing. The Top Four fishing spots in UAE are Fujairah, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah and Abu Dhabi.
This emirate is the youngest of all the seven emirates of UAE and is renowned for its scenic beauty. Unlike Dubai, Fujairah has a more viable weather that is apt for recreational fishing. The Fujairah waters are home to a wide variety of fish owing to the merging of the Indian Ocean with the sea. The many fish found here include Dorado, Sailfish, Amberjack, Yellowfin Tuna, Trevally, Striped Marlin, Barracuda, Rainbow Runner and the Long tail Tuna.
The Fishing Season
The official fishing season in Fujairah starts by October and extends till March however, all through the year you can catch fish in this emirate. The warm seasonal weather of Fujairah makes it a good vacation spot in terms of fishing.
The Dorado, Barracuda and Red Snapper can be fished all through the year as they are found in plenty around the year.
The Yellowfin Tuna can be caught between May to September.
The Fishing Techniques
Trolling, jigging, bottom fishing or casting with live-baits are all different fishing techniques that can be used to fish in Fujairah. It will depend on the season and the type of fish you are going after. To catch a Dorado the better way is casting with live-bait when Dorado’s can be spotted. You can also land some while trolling near the ships. For the Sailfish, Marlin and Yellowfin Tuna you need the expert to take charge, and they will probably do trolling in deeper waters.
How to go fishing in Fujairah
At Fujairah, You are taken to about 20 mile into the deep sea. And, at the Fujairah International Marine you can find the charters listed below.
- Yellowfin: To catch fish like the Yellowfin Tuna, Marlin, Sailfish, Amberjack, Trevally, Striped Marlin you can board the Yellowfin charters. (click here to view profile)
- Fish Finder: The charter boat that leaves from the Fujairah Rotana Resort and Spa Al Aqah Beach is the Fish Finder, they comply to the International Operating Standards and Guidelines. (Click here to view profile)
- Tow master: Another sport fishing boat that leaves from the Fujairah Rotana Resort and Spa Al Aqah Beach is the Tow Master Boat. (Click here to view)
Videos of Fujairah fishing with fishfishme team
The third largest emirate of UAE, is the only emirate with land on both Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. The various types of fish that are found in the waters of Sharjah include the Kingfish, Queenfish, Trevally, Cobia and a few more. These big predators are a beauty to watch and are feisty fighters. They can make you work really hard to lure them to the surface and finally board them your boat.
The Fishing Season
The official fishing season in Sharjah starts from September and extends to April. Of the many fish found here the Kingfish is usually the main target down here.
Kingfish is found during the months of September to March in the clear waters of Sharjah. They are strong fighter fish that will give you a tough challenge while catching.
Cobia and Trevally are found all through the year. You will come across a few cobia and trevally when you are aiming at Kingfish. The Cobia is also a very strong fighter, sometimes even more than the Kingfish.
Queenfish is also found all through the year however a peak in their sighting happens during the months from September to March. The Queen is real fun to catch as it will jump and display a few acrobatics and it can weigh very heavy as well.
The Fishing Technique
The various fishing techniques used in deep sea fishing while in Sharjah includes live bait trolling, lure trolling and bottom fishing. Fish like the Kingfish, Queenfish and Cobia are caught using trolling with live bait and at times with lures. Sheiri and a special type of Trevally called in the emirates as “Jush” are caught using bottom fishing.
How to go fishing in Sharjah
The charters in Sharjah are as listed below:
- Ocean Adventures: Charter with a specialised crew with knowledge in deep sea fishing, trolling and spear fishing starts their journey with you from the Marbella Resort in Sharjah. (click here to view the captain profile)
- Columbus Boat: With a professional fishing captain who has knowledge of the best fishing spots in Sharjah the Columbus Boat will take you to about 18 to 30 miles into the sea and get the most exciting fish. Captain Bo Abdullah is a local fisherman and an expert in the bottom fishing technique. (Click here to view full profile)
Videos of Fishing in Sharjah with fishfishme team
Ras Al Khaimah:
This emirate has the Persian Gulf on one side making it open to deep sea fishing. The climate in Ras Al Khaimah becomes humid during the summer and during the winters you will have a pleasant weather with rains occurring rarely. The fish that are commonly found in Ras Al Khaimah are Barracuda, Kingfish, Sailfish, Areolate Grouper, Brown-spotted Grouper, Red Snapper, Yellowfin Tuna, Cobia, Queenfish, Fin bream, Goat fish, Coral hind and the like
The Fishing Season
The sport fishing season in Ras Al Khaimah is from the months of October to April. The other months are fairly hotter than the rest but fish are spotted even during the peak summers.
Baracuda are found around the year in Ras Al Khaimah. Yellowfin Tuna is found during the months of May to September.
The Fishing Technique
The usual technique adopted in fishing while in Ras Al Khaimah is bottom fishing. Other than bottom fishing; trolling is used with a bottom line to catch Kingfish, Queenfish, Red Snapper and the like.
How to go fishing in Ras Al Khaimah
The experienced charters that will engage you in enlivening sport fishing from Ras Al Khaimah are listed below
- Fish Finder RAK Boat: This charter boat takes off from the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort, Spa and Watersports Center. (Click to view profile)
- Adventures 3 Boat: If you are a larger group of eight and less members then you can opt for the Adventure Diver Boat that leaves from the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort, Spa and Watersports Center. (Click here to view)
Engulfed by the Arabian Gulf the second largest emirate Abu Dhabi has a unique location that is suitable for fishing. The Abu Dhabi waters are home to some big fish like the Kingfish, Queenfish, Trevally(Jush), Cobia, Grouper and Sheri.
The Fishing Season
The fishing season in Abu Dhabi stays open all through the year however, the official fishing season starts from October to May. Anglers and fishing captain however consider the time from November to February as the best fishing season in Abu Dhabi. The warm waters of Abu Dhabi are home to a huge variety of bait fish which makes it a good hunting ground for fish like the Grouper, Kingfish, Cobia, Queenfish, Sheiri and Trevally (Jush).
The Fishing Technique:
The fishing technique adopted in Abu Dhabi is either the bottom fishing or trolling. In bottom fishing the bait is sunk to the bottom of the sea floor, this method is used to catch fish like the Grouper. Trolling is used to fish out almost all the other species with a line dropped with bait and gently dragged along with the boat until it reels in a fish.
How to go fishing in Abu Dhabi:
You can book the below listed charter that will take you to fish in the clear waters of Abu Dhabi:
- Joana Boat: It leaves from the Mussafah Bridge Port and takes you out into the open blue to get you the fish that you can overpower with your rod and reel. (Click to view profile)