Fishing in Slalah on March 1-st, 3-rd and 6-th with Capt. Yousouf16 Mar 2015
It was very disappoining. I`m not speaking of the fact we couldn`t catch any reasonable fish, but of the following items.
1. The boat is not at all suitable for trolling, there are only two holes for trolling rods - normaly trolling is with 4-5 rods.
2. The crew had zero professional experiance of trolling.
3. The first day there was on board only one trolling rod with a middle action.
The second and the third day they brought another one. Both rods are with multiplicators of a middle capacity. Good, we coldn`t catch a big fish - with such multiplicators we had no chance to bring it on board.
4. The jigging rods were all but one with missing ceramic guide rings, so the main line rubs direct the metal guide and tears by a stronger pull.
5. There was no fishfinder on board
6. The speedmeter did not work.
7. The depthmeter did not work.
8. There is no flushing water in the toilet, as well on board. We caught a cattlefish which splushed the boat with black ink. There was even no cloth to wash the board; the deckhand cleaned it with the fishing glove..
9. The equipment with lures for trolling was more than poor. The first day there were 3 lures one of them with a broken loop. The second day the deckhand brought some of his own.
10. There were no swivels, no carabines on board the first day, then the deckhand brought his own.
All together, the fishing was far away from those I had in Malaysia,Thailand,
Mauricius, Madagaskar, Dubai, Kenia, Cabo Verde, Mexico, Costa Rica, Venecuela - see www.pishmanribar.com